Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Very Very Rainy "Celebration"

On Saturday we braved the horrible rainy weather to participate in the Women's Fitness Celebration Walk. Well even with umbrellas and light jackets, we were soaked by the end. Actually we were soaked before we even got on the shuttle bus to get downtown! It was not a pleasant experience, but the little girls actually did really well. They didn't have happy faces for the most part, but very very little complaining on their part. We aren't sure if it was even worth it, or if we even accomplished anything by going, but we did it. I was actually really excited to get to do something fun with just the girls in my family, and it turned out to be nothing but a very very wet day. Not the best pictures, but the best I could get because of the circumstances! Oh, and I ruined my cell phone during the fabulous morning stroll through the rain as well! The ironic thing is around 11:30 or so, the sun came out and it was a beautiful sunny afternoon.....go figure!

6 comments:

hilla said...

Ah frick! That sucks. I hate fun activities ruined by elements out of our control.
I have had 4 cell phones this year, so I feel your pain on that one.
I think the pics are cute.
Way to be a do-gooder, walking for the cause even in the rain.

Waters said...

You say the pictures arent the best? Posh! Not so, I think you look beautiful, your daughter, your family...
Good for you guys getting out there and doing it.

The Crazy Heads said...

I was definetly not upset that I didn't plan on going and participating this year. Most of the people I know ended up not going so good for you for sticking it out!

Cindy Barnes said...

I am so proud of all of you!! I only wish I could have been there.....maybe not! It is for a great cause! The race here in Spokane is always on a Sunday so I won't participate. Let me know next time if you guys do it again because I need to find excuses to come to Boise!

Anonymous said...

Even though the weather was awful, the wetness maybe a little uncomfy...I'm sure none of you will ever forget that time that you walked in the rain in the Women's Fitness Celebration...Aww the stuff that makes a great memorie!

Anonymous said...

Did I just publish a comment containing the word memory spelled with an "ie" instead of a "Y"...oh my goodness, that's embarassing!
I do know how to spell it...memory,memory, memory!