As the cold season is fast approaching, I have always been curious if these work for kids. With Mackenzie in school all day, I know she is bringing unwanted germs home with her. I want a way to help boost her immune system and help us all to stay more healthy, especially with the new baby on the way. I have never been a freak about germs, not that the boogery kids that we come in contact with are bad, but you know what I mean.
I am a faithful Zicam user, but there is no way I am going to get Mackenzie or Gavin to take that, so I am looking for a kid friendly product, ANY suggestions are welcome! :)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
has anyone ever tried this?
As the cold season is fast approaching, I have always been curious if these work for kids. With Mackenzie in school all day, I know she is bringing unwanted germs home with her. I want a way to help boost her immune system and help us all to stay more healthy, especially with the new baby on the way. I have never been a freak about germs, not that the boogery kids that we come in contact with are bad, but you know what I mean.
I am a faithful Zicam user, but there is no way I am going to get Mackenzie or Gavin to take that, so I am looking for a kid friendly product, ANY suggestions are welcome! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I would give it to Nahkia the first sign of a cold, but she did not like the taste and refused to drink it all. That was not the pixie sticks, it was just the tablets for kids so maybe those will be better. I swear my kids have colds the whole school year, I de-germ, scrub, clean daily, but they still get something.
Hummmmmmmm, Ive never heard of that air born stuff, it sounds GREAT though! Im a believer in Vitamin C (well pretty much any vitamin and mineral.....Im a vita freak), but Jar, Val and I like the Halls vita C.
Vals just getting over a cold now, she's almost kicked it, she had really gross green snott, and ear infections (ouch) but only a 101 temp, thank goodness. She's on amoxocilin-the goods. :)
Im always looking for ways to improve my families immune system though. if I find something cool Ill fill ya in.
Valerie, you are the best. honestly I just love you. Im so happy you came to my shower. BIG HUG!!!
Val
I used to give Airborne to my kids and if I could get them to drink it, it did seem to work. So far this fall I've been giving them chewable vitamin c on top of their regular vitamins everyday and that really seems to be helping. I say, whatever you can get them to take that's safe will probably help.
The place Colin goes to daycare loves the "pixie stix" airborne stuff too.
We just take Vitamin C and a regular vitamin daily. Every year they seem to get something though. I was thinking about using the Airborn stuff since that crazy mom at school was talking about croup(?).
Post a Comment