Tuesday, July 20, 2010

4th of July

So yes I am just now posting about the 4th!  I promised myself to try and be better at keeping track of our lives on this blog.  This is my journal of sorts I have to remember that!
This year was a bit different than previous years for the festivities on the 4th.  We actually only celebrated on the 3rd out in Melba.  The Millers and the Wilkes' joined us and we enjoyed a great fireworks show out there!  Reminded me a lot of the Kuna Days fireworks, so they were worth the venture out in no mans land. Landon wasn't a huge fan, but by the end he was liking them a little at least.  I sorta convinced him that they were balls in the air??! Whatever works.  Gavin was huddled in a blanket on the floor, the noise bothered him more than anything. 
And that was the extent of our 4th of July....granted we had just gotten back from our week long trip to the coast, so we were kind of "partied" out!
My sisters :)
Poor Austin had to lug Gav-o on his shoulders, and he is not a small boy!
Emily and Keidra
Connor, Austin and Landon
Heather Stacey and I
The Miller girls, I guess the boys were too cool for fireworks!
His body was plastered to mine as he looked in the sky
My goodness what an adorable couple! :)
Mesmerized by the show
We were stuck for a bit afterwards, so we planted ourselves on the church lawn and waited for the crowds to die down a little so we could get out.
A really fun and simple evening together with family is really all you can ask for! Thanks for those who chose to join us!

No comments: