Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Mackenzie

So my baby girl turned 6 today! Wow, I can't believe how fast it goes. She is so happy to be just one year older, and has been waiting for this day to come for a few months now. She had an eventful day I must say. I came and brought treats for her class at school. Then we went and ate at McD's (I know, yeehaw!) then Chuck E Cheese, then to grandma's for cake and of course PRESENTS!!! She was ready to skip everything and go straight to grandma and grandpa's, so I let her open one present before school. She had so much fun with Madison and Michaela, her two most favorite people in the world! Nothing better than a birthday. Remember how fun birthday's used to be? I used to get so excited the night before, that I couldn't fall asleep! Now, not so much! Well I am officially old now that I have a 6 year old, and it will just keep getting worse as she gets older and older! I love my little girl, I love her enthusiasm, and her spirit she brings to our home. She is such a little beauty, I am really scared for when she gets older and the boys start a comin!
So I will enjoy her now while she is young, and try to remember that they aren't young forever and to soak it all up now! Happy Birthday Mackenzie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! The cake looks good, did you do it? I love the picture of Gavin eating his cake with his smile. They are both so cute. I was officially old awhile ago, but I'm trying to fight it!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Mackemzie! Sounds like you guys had a fun day. Cute pictures of her when she was little!! And wait--you don't get excited for your birthday anymore?? sometimes I still get so excited I can't sleep :)

Cindy Barnes said...

Happy Birthday Kenzie!! I can't believe you're getting so old! What a fun day! I wish I could have been there! Kelsie would have loved some of your cake! We love you and hope you had a great birthday!

Waters said...

YEA, Happy Birthday Mackenzie!!! Val I love the update of the pictures from baby to now, your daughter is just a beautiful girl, and I LOVE her curls!!! Could you imagine how easy it would be to wake up on Sunday morning and not have to put hot curlers in your hair (atleast I do...) lucky girl.
Again, Happy 6th cutie girl.

Malissa said...

Awww Happy Birthday Mackenzie! 6 years old.. that's crazy! That seem so far off for my girls but I know it will fly by. She is just gorgeous Val... you are going to be in T-R-O-U-B-L-E when she starts dating! :-) I love the pics of her when she was little... so cute!

hilla said...

She is the prettiest thing ever! I am more worried for Justing than you when the boys start a coming!

Mandi said...

Val- that is unbelievable to me- how sad that she is 6 already! It is a cruel thing that our kids have to grow up. I love Gavin's new hair too- he is such a handsome little dude!!!