
Mother's day can either be a good day, or a bad day. This year was a good year. My poor husband has learned after what, 6 years of having to deal with Mother's day for me, that he needs to be a BIG helper on this particular day. There have been years when I have cried and expected WAY too much for this "holiday", and I have also learned not to set my bar too high. Its hard when we have little ones, and I know that when we are older things will eventually get really good, and my kids will be the ones that hopefully spoil me someday! ha ha.
We had a good time visiting with family and eating yummy strawberry shortcake and hot fudge sundaes.
I love my mom and all that she has done for me over the years. I know I appreciate her more now, than I ever did. And I know I took advantage of all the things she did for me when I was younger, and I can only hope that she knows how wonderful she really is! Being a mom helps us to remember how great my own mother is, and how sometimes I wish I could go back in time, just for a minute, and tell her how much I love that she cleaned my room, made me dinner, did my laundry, and was always there in the mornings whether I wanted her there or not. I love being a mom, and I know its hard, and I know I complain, but there are those perfect moments when I can stop and look at my children, and truly appreciate how great it is to have them, and how lucky I am to be their mother.
4 comments:
That is such a cute picture of you and your mom! I had the same conversation with my mom not too long ago... isn't it funny how much we take for granted until we become moms ourselves and realize that it's actually hard work? I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day!
Oh, and that ranch we went to is called Star Treasures Adventure Ranch, I think. One of the girls in my Mom's Club set it up. It wasn't quite what we expected... but the kids had a blast!
hey!! I feel the SAME way about mother's day. I know I always expect too much--my poor husband! But I hope you had a nice mother's day!!
I had a great mothers day too. I just felt so fulfilled and content. Im happy that you and your mom had a great day too. :)
Val get this....this morning Valerie and I went to Les Shwab, got our tires rotated, then busted to Jiffy Lube and got our oil changed and "topped off" all in less than 1 hr, I kid you not girl, its like the men were just waiting for me.
Youre a doll, and just so beaitufil I might say, just beaituful.
Oh how I miss Madge. Funny how they tell you your whole life "someday you'll appreciate Thank heavens for good moms!
Post a Comment