Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pondering....

I was released from my calling on Sunday, and I am feeling a little out of sorts. The whole Primary presidency was released, and it feels a little strange to actually be done. When we lost Wendie to her moving, I thought we would just have to welcome a new 1st counselor, but instead they decided to take us all out. It feels nice to know that we are no longer the ones in charge, and that load has been lifted, but at the same time there is a strange void about me. I have just been thinking about this alot these past couple days, and felt I needed to express it. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to serve, and I feel I have grown so much from this calling. Who knows what will come my way next, but my heart is mixed with emotions as I ponder upon my 2 years serving those sweet children.

10 comments:

Jeric and Mickale said...

You got released!!!?????? wow, didn't see that coming. I know you did a FABULOUS job in your calling, those children were so blessed to have someone that cared so much for every single one of them. So did they just release you in sacrament without telling you first? Anyway, I know you did great, let me know how it pans out.

hilla said...

Sad. I can't believe you were in there for 2 years. ARen't the kids the best? They were lucky to have you.

hilla said...

ps- love your new template

Amber said...

hey! thanks for all the hard work you did in primary! you are so sweet. maybe you'll get to be in yw and i'll actually get you see you :) That would be fun.

Waters said...

I know what you mean about not having your calling. Im a little nervous about what Im going to do in November, I doubt Ill be able to juggle nursing a little baby while playing the piano for primary. Its so funny because the primary chorister is prego too and due late sept, then Im due in Nov, what if I deliver early, what are they going to do for the program in October, they cant live without me. . . auh well, theres a lot of older ladies who can tickle the ivroy very well. Maybe Im just over anelyzing these things.
Look at it this way, you can now sit and relax in R.S. and breath. Those kids are just so much fun though.

Waters said...

I totally am the same way about taking fresh stuff, the only bad thing is keeping the cold stuff cold ... thats why I HATE camping, because it seems like the cooler is only filled with ice and cold packs, but then you dont want a ton of ice or everything will get grose....where do we ever win with camping? aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Cindy Barnes said...

Primary is the best! I know we all complain about how hard it is but I would love to go back and be with all the sweet kids in Primary! Just think... maybe they will call you to Gospel Doctrine like me!! hee hee

Malissa said...

I'm sorry Val :-( I bet you were the BEST in primary too! You totally have the personality and creativity for it. No word on a new calling yet?

Stacie and Jared said...

Hi Val! It is Stacie (Locke) Meyer! I found your blog and your family is too cute! I made a blog to keep up with people. It is at www.meyerduo.blogspot.com I hope to hear from you. One of these days we will have to get together and not just see each other at Costco! :)

hilla said...

Frick! Are you done pondering yet?