Tuesday, June 24, 2008

a sweet goodbye

So on Sunday the new Primary presidency had each of us come in during share time, and we got to say our goodbye's to everyone. We all took turns having the kids sing our favorite primary song, and then we bore our testimonies. It was a little overwhelming for us, and I can't fight the emotions as well as the other two did. All the kids were so sweet and then they handled us a huge thank you card and a bag of hugs and kisses. It was nice to be able to be in there one last time to say goodbye. It really was a strange day not being in charge, but I am sure I will be able to get used to not having the responsibility fast!

3 comments:

hilla said...

So sweet. There is an un-beatable tenderness about kids and their sincere thank yous. I love primary.

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful of the new presidency! I love the little handprints and their names written on the thankyou card...I would be boobing like a baby!
We had fun yesterday! Thanks for listening to my stresses...I love our friendship!!!

Waters said...

that is so special. I just love my primary, I dont know what on earth Im going to do when I have my baby. Im all about breast feeding and what if this baby just "eats all the time"? but by golly if I am released/or if I cop out and ask to be released, my primary better darn do something for me like that!!! let me tell you, I spent many an hour practicing the piano for them kids and I better get somethin for their love and thankfulness!
woah did I really write that? just shows what a person "really thinks" when no one is around. Im an evil person.
but really, what would you do, would you just try it out for a couple of weeks, Im really nervous, I would feel like a total moron asking to be released from a calling that was clearly inspired from the Lord. I have been so blessed to regain most of my piano playing talent, I will just have to keep practicing to show Heavenly Father how much I want to keep my talent. You know what I mean?