Thursday, July 24, 2008

Random talk

Summer has just sort of flown by and yet at the same time I feel like its at a standstill. I am actually ready for school to start and to get into the mode of that again. I can't seem to entertain Mackenzie enough day to day, and she is constantly asking what she gets to do tomorrow......... Gavin has been just hilarious these days. Talking like crazy, and saying funny things. "no mom, not funny" When he doesn't want me to laugh at something he says that....which yes makes me laugh more. He is so grown up and just not a baby anymore, which makes me sad. I wish I could make them stop growing so much sometimes. There is that song "you're gonna miss this" not sure who its by, but I really like it. Makes me want to hold on to them a little longer while they are so young. As far as pregnancy goes, I am definitely getting bigger. I am 20 weeks now, and next week we get to find out the gender, hooray! (hence the poll to your right) The baby is now the length of a banana, and 6 1/2 ounces or so. I have this website that emails me every week to give me updates on my pregnancy, and I laugh because every week they have a new fruit or vegi to describe the baby. That's really why I added the banana length, I'm not psycho or anything. I am feeling those aches of growing inside, which aren't fun, but overall I feel really good. Weird to think that I am half way done already, yet the end feels like forever away. So that's a little update on my exciting life. Sorry no pictures to go along, but that just shows how nonexciting things have been.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are to EXCITING!
I love the baby update...a banana! That is good sized!
Trayce Adkins...I believe is who sings that song...and I feel the same way sometimes...from the not being able to entertain Brooklyn enough and wanting her back in school to wanting things (the growing up things) to slow down! Totally gotcha!
I got your message about the water park um yesterday...oops! I do want to go though...Let's plan it!

The Crazy Heads said...

I know exactly how you feel. I can't believe how quickly these little crackers grow up? I want to hold them back yet every new phase is exciting and reminds me to continue to get ready for the next one. I'm about 2 weeks behind you, maybe we'll be in the hospital together. Do you already have a day picked out or are you trying v-bac? My due date is the 26th but I tend to go a couple of weeks early. I was 3 with both Ali & Oscar and 1 with Charlie. Is there a certain gender that you are hoping for???

Malissa said...

Yep - Trace Adkins... and I love that song too! I think I've heard it a hundred times and still tear up every time. We need to get together sometime soon so I can see the cute preggo belly!

casa chandler said...

ahh...20 weeks...seems like just yesterday. oh wait, i think it was just yesterday and now my baby's already a week old! time sure does fly.
i actually have that trace adkins song as one of the songs on our blog. it makes me feel old to think that i'm saying things like "i wish they wouldn't grow up so fast" but it's just so true.
keep the pregnancy updates coming and i'm excited to see some pics!

Tillotson Family said...

Congratulations! I hope you are enjoying the not-so-sick and not-so-big stage. I don't think your life is boring at all. In fact, I have been looking forward to being able to check up on it! It looks like you are having so much fun and being such a great mom. I can't wait to see who is coming next...

hilla said...

Oooh! I can't wait to hear the sex!! Man, they grow up too quickly huh? I can't wait to hear lil Gman talking up a storm. You need to post some preggy pics, you are the cutest prego ever!