I am enjoying this holiday a little more now that my kids are at the age where they have fun with it. I'm not one to go "all out" or spend alot of money on things, but I do like to be a little creative.
This year, since it was a Saturday and we didn't have to rush to get Kenzie to school, I was able to make heart shaped pancakes for the kids. They thought that was pretty much the coolest thing. So for lunch I had to keep the momentum going and make their sandwiches the same! Its nice that they are so easily satisfied with those simple things.
As for Valentine's Day in general, I like this holiday for one reason really (besides the yummy chocolate that comes with the card)......it makes me appreciate the many loves I have in my life. I love my husband, I love him for being my best friend, for being my children's playmate, for making my heart flip when he walks in the room, and for being my forever companion. Its nice to take a minute and remember why I love him, and think back to when we first fell in love. Love is a wonderful thing, and I'm so happy that I have that one person I couldn't live without.
4 comments:
oh cute. you may just have to make them shamrock meals next month!
I am like you- I don't need to spend a lot (or have my hubs spend a lot) to appreciate the day.
i love all the heart food--so cute!!
My kids loved their heart shaped pancakes, thanks for the idea!
Way to be festive VNellie!
Post a Comment