I have never understood, even after almost 7 years of being a mom, why on earth night time is when babies/kids feel the worst? I swear during the day, if my kids are sick its not nearly as bad as it is once everyone else is sound asleep. Is it to torture us mothers so we cannot function the next day? Is there a science behind it? What's the deal? Why do babies have such rough nights compared to days when they are sick? Please respond...
7 comments:
oh man....isn't that the truth??? night times are so depressing when they are sick
Heh... that's always the case, it doesn't matter how old they are, hubs included! I think it's because they've expended all that energy during the day and at night those little suckers of germs know that we've got nothing left to fight with... and then we're all just miserable. We've got the sickies on our end too. Here's to wishing you fast recoveries!
I really don't know, but my guess is this: they aren't distracted with toys, tv's, and food :0) They are just laying in bed and the only thing to focus on is that they feel icky. That is my guess. What do ya think?
to try to find the silver lining--it's kind of a blessing that everyone else is asleep so your whole attention (at least the part that's able to stay awake) is on the sick little one. they get the one-on-one mommy time they really need when they feel so yucky. just a thought.
My theory is this...I don't think that they really are that much worse at night, I think everything to us as moms just seems worse because we just want to be asleep ourselves.
During the day we go on with our business and just take care of the kids almost as a habit, but the nights are USUALLY our own time to read/sleep or whatever we want. When they disrupt that then it seems all the worse, am I making any sense?
I agree with Mandi with a twist...
Having a sick baby is hard. Having a healthy baby is hard.
That's it!
For Eden...it's just hard!
My little darlings still wake up in the night...sick/not sick...(Can you die of tiredness? JK) And everybody knows, there are no newborns here!
Hey Val if you are wondering about the sleeping thing I have a link to a website that is about babywise and the baby whisperer you should look at it. It has some really good ideas about getting a baby sleeping through the night!
Post a Comment