
Okay, so making this gingerbread house wasn't all that easy. It had been a few years since we did this, and I swear it wasn't that hard the first time. Honestly....I am amazed it is still standing. The kids were really enthusiastic in the beginning, and then they wanted to take pictures of each other instead. So, I wasn't all that into it either, but the frosting was going to harden and I just wanted to finish it. I am one for copying the pictures, and when it doesn't look the same (like it never seems to) I get frustrated. Needless to say, it was still fun, and I will most likely do it again next year. Gotta have some traditions for the kids to remember when they are my age. Perhaps I shall get better in my years to come (please)! :)
3 comments:
cute!! quinn can't wait to make gingerbread houses. yours is way cute--we'll have to get a kit so ours looks cute too :)
I gave up on the gingerbread houses a long time ago. The kids (mainly Caleb) ate all the candy before we could even get the thing decorated! But I agree ...traditions are what your kids will remember!
I think it looks great! I don't get along well with anything crafy or artsy so I won't even attempt a gingerbread house. I'd probably end up smashing it to crumbs with frustration while I let the kids eat all the candy!
Post a Comment