Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Hospitals are NO fun!
When I went to wake up Landon on Friday morning, his was struggling to breathe and his chest was caving in with every inhale. I freaked out of course, called the doc and rushed to get the boys in the car and to the hospital as fast as I could! We were in the ER for the whole morning, and then they admitted us early afternoon. They were giving him breathing treatments every few hours, which he hated completly. Being in a hospital room is bad enough, but with a 15 month old its torture! He was a really good sport, even got quite a few smiles out of him! We were in "isolation" so all the nurses and respitory therapists had to come in with their yellow gowns and masks, which to Landon meant torture! As soon as that door opened he would stare them down, and as soon as they came come to him he would cry. It was very very sad to watch him struggle to breathe and be so miserable!
After two days he seemed to be doing much better, we had a set back on Sunday morning, but for the rest of Easter and through the night he did great with no need for treatments! So..they sent us home Monday midmorning. We was so happy to be out of that hospital and in the car, and when we got home his face just lit up and he went crazy! We couldn't keep him in one spot. Room to room, toy to toy. He then started to breathe heavy and weezy again. His chest was starting to cave in again, and Justin and I paniced! I mean we had only been home over an hour, and now this again?? We ended up back in the ER, and back for another night.
The doctor said he had never seen someone be fine for 24hrs and then have another episode like that. Comforting eh? I think not. We were able to come home Tuesday night and he is doing great! I checked his breathing about 5 times during the night just to make sure! What a sweet little man he is. We are blessed to be back on the path to being healthy again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so so so sad!! He is a fighter! Its so hard to keep them settled down when they have all that energy!!
Valerie...so sorry to hear what you've been through. Hyrum was almost hospitalized last year when his oxygen level was 86%. I was nervous enough and can't imagine how you felt. We own a nebulizer and give Kennedy and Hyrum albuterol regularly....for some reason whenever they catch a cold it goes to their respiratory system and they have trouble breathing. That's probably why I'm so paranoid about being around snotty-nosed kids. I hope he stays well. Take care.
Mel
Oh my goodness, how stressful! I am glad to hear he is feeling better! We will say prayers for Landon!
So, what was the diagnosis? Why is he having problems breathing? I am so sorry to hear all of this via blog...I wish I could have helped in your time of need!
Love You
so sad, hope he stays healthy.
Post a Comment