Friday, February 25, 2011

Inspiration that keeps me going

So being able to be in the Young Women's program for these past 2 years has been such a blessing to me in my life.  With each new year brings a new theme that we follow.  I am always able to apply it into my own life and it gives me so much strength and support for myself, not just as their leader, but for my own personal gain.  I love it!  Last years theme was Strong and Courageous, which to be honest was PERFECT for me at that point in time.  It was just what I needed to get through my challenges my family was facing at that time. This year is focused on the 13th Article of Faith.  Which is a long one that's for sure, but with it comes all sorts of inspiration.  What stands out most for me in my life right now is the part "We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things."  Let's face it, life is hard.  Its not meant to be easy.  We are all here for a purpose, and its what we take from our challenges that really defines who we are and who we hope to become.  I am surrounded with so many people who love me and inspire me and allow me to gain strength from their examples.  It is what makes me stronger as a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and even acquaintance.  I am just grateful for the knowledge I have, and the faith that makes me feel AWESOME each and every day that I live.  I am not sure where I would be without that strength to hold onto.  I love how much I have grown in the past two years being able to serve in the young women's program.  I love the spirit that fills my heart when I am surrounded by these valiant girls each week.  I love that I have been given the opportunity, and I truly believe I am in this calling for a reason right now.  I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.

6 comments:

Heather said...

How nice. Isn't it great when you can look at your life and know that you are where you are suppose to be? That is how I felt when we bought our house. I knew it was the right house, the right ward, the right everything- it was where God intended us to be- and that is really comforting. :0) P.S. I commented on your post about lack in blogging/comments/etc. :0)

Melanie said...

I bet the girls love you! I am in YW now too and it is a great place to be.
Mel

casa chandler said...

Thank you for that testimony. It seems that everyone we know is going through something difficult but we just need to hold on and endure it and grow from it. I'm sure your YW are blessed and strengthened by your experiences and testimony.

Cindy Barnes said...

I was so glad to read this today! I felt the same about the theme from last year...It was truly a strength to me too!! I am glad you posted this because I am in need of inspiration and I have failed to look to the theme this year. Your post made me sit back and really think. Thanks!! I love you my sista!

Waters said...

I concur with Melanie's comment "I bet the girls love you!"
I would love you as a YW leader. Every time I see you at Costco I comment to Valerie, "look Vali there's my friend Valerie..." You always radiate a beautiful glow. And that glow is your beatiful spirit that is ever so close to the the Godhead.
Thank you for your example, and your beautiful face, you are a beautiful woman and daughter of God.

Mandi said...

I love this Val! What a great reminder and so true! I miss you!