Mackenzie had her tonsils out last Wednesday. Here's her story of the adventure:
She had gotten strep throat for the 6 or 7th time in last year and FINALLY the doc said she should go see Dr Beck about getting her tonsils out. We met with her (loved her) and felt really good about the decision. Mackenzie on the other hand was getting very nervous about the whole thing...... But she did awesome when it came down to it! It was kind of a long morning waiting to leave to go, and then waiting to be seen, and then waiting a little bit more for the actually procedure. The nurses and staff were great and made us feel very comfortable. I'm so grateful the experience was so lovely. I can say lovely since I wasn't the one getting my throat cut, but as the mother, it was all very pleasant.
We were getting pretty bored in the room waiting for the surgery so I was taking pictures from my phone to take up time.
She is such an amazing patient when she isn't feeling good. She has had a wonderful recovery so far and is on her way to feeling her best soon I just know it! Even ready for school again in the next few days.
A much different girl in the last photos after the surgery...but still so pleasant :)
Good job Mackenzie for being such an awesome patient! You are a rock star!
(FYI.....I glanced inside her mouth and yoiks is it gross!!!)


















6 comments:
That is not fun! What a little trooper.
I hope she's recovering well!! And that she stops getting sick so much!!
holy cow. we had completely different experiences. my little girl was a monster after surgery. she was screaming, hitting me and throwing things. it took us 3 weeks to get back to normal. i am so glad things are going so well.
She is so sweet! Love the waiting room photo shoot! Glad everything want so smoothly.
I LOVE dr. beck! She is the one who did jaxons surgery. but it was nice because they go from youngest to oldest in the order of surgery. so jaxon being 3 months....he was pretty much first in line. :D
Way to go mckenzie!
Post a Comment