My cake was pathetic. You can pretend it was cool for me so I feel better, but the frosting I chose caused nothing but problems for me!
It was definitely a 3 year old kind of birthday, so all is well. He didn't know the difference. Plus, when they are this young you really only need one really cool gift to make them happy :) Which is precisely what we did. I had backups, but they were not needed so they are saved for Christmas! Plus, between Grandma Madge and Aunt Tracey and Aunt Stacey he was sittin just fine with what he got :)
Happy Birthday little man. Next year mother will be in charge of the picture taking :)
5 comments:
awww val i love your cake! its adorable!!!! way to be a good mommy....and yes, mothers are always more careful about taking pictures! :D
The cake is ADORABLE. I bet he was thrilled. You probably didn't like it because it was a pain in the neck. I have a really hard time frosting cake period, let alone a bunch of cut up pieces. You are right, he is three and it was perfect to him.
you did a good job on the cake. suggestion: buy your frosting from a bakery. i always buy mine from either fred meyer or albertsons. get the whipped frosting. it cost about 3 or 4 dollars for a quart size. it is the perfect consistency and always tastes super yummy. takes off a lot of pressure. i like to decorate my kids' cakes but i hate making the frosting and such so this was my solution.
You make me laugh sometimes!! I think the cake was fine!! Remember the year that one of my kids totally grabbed a huge handful out the dinosaur cake? I ended up adding a big "meteor" to the landscape and it worked out fine. You are making memories!! Even if you have to keep the pictures in your mind:) (give Justin a break) Wish I could have been there as always!!
Love your robot cake!!!!
Post a Comment