Sunday, January 1, 2012

Its gonna be a GREAT year!

Although sometimes I feel like my friend Calvin up there......I know better.  I know I have many many faults that could definitely use some prodding and poking! 

I am actually proud of myself for getting on track of my weight and exercise BEFORE the new year, so I don't feel like I have to "Start Over" and get healthy in January.  I have been working out since Sept and feel really good!  I have never been one to workout, sweat, lift weights, run, or even pretend to.  But thanks to my sisters who got me to do p90 with them (even if I didn't do it everyday like they did) I did do it!  I did keep working out after the program (or after I was done with the program).  I have been going to to gym and it feels good to be good.  Do I still eat sweets? yes.  That will never be something that I give up.  NEVER.  That's just silly!  But working out out makes me feel less guilty of course.

So its safe to say that getting and staying healthy will always be on the list, its not my #1 well because I'm already doing it! check.

My #1 goal of 2012 is............(drum roll please....)



That's right folks.....Budgeting our money.  After 11 years of marriage we have to come up with a budget.  Sad but very very true.  Every year I threaten Justin to be put in charge of the bills and making ends meet.  Every year its just words.  Every year I say "we need to be better, we need to do bills together so you can see where the money is going or not going"  But it never happens.  I am a control freak.  I can't "let him take over"  That will never work.  But he does need to be in cahoots with me.  He needs to see what I see (or don't see) when I log onto our bank account. 
Now is the time.  Now is when it becomes real.  If I make this my only goal then it WILL happen! 
Sure I have lots of ideas in my head and many other goals I would love to carryout, but this is the one that NEEDS to happen. 

Ideas are great appreciated.  Go ahead.  Give me your wisdom.  Heaven knows I need it!

Happy New Year everyone!  Make it a good one.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Happy new year my cute friend!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa..whoa...whoa...you P90X'd?!?! How could I miss that? Did you like it? I love your budgeting money resolution. I have to say that my nerdy hubs has spreadsheets for our checking and savings accounts and every payday (or weekend of) we sit down and go through what we've spent and pay bills together. A bit annoying at times but at least we both know how much fun money is left after everything's paid!

The Crazy Heads said...

i have an excel spreadsheet too that is just printed off and i write in with pen. it drives ryan nuts because i still use paper and not the computer. we have our budget down to the penny. we have sections for food, household, my couponing, gas, birthday & christmas fund, and even a family fun money. we also do everything in cash. at the end of the month if we don't have it, we don't spend it......most of the time. good luck with it!

oh, and please don't EVER give up the sweets!

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

what a great resolution and WOW for being a P90x gal! We sat down and talked about how much life costs every month and how much we can manage to put into savings. that amount is automatically deducted (diveded into two from both checks from the month) into an account online seperate from our banking. Much harder to touch that way! That way we stay within budget and feel like we're "out of money" before we actually are therefore we dont spend as much. it works great for us.

valerie said...

Thanks friends. And the p90 gig was awful
I hated it!!! I got to about the 11th week and didn't see great results. Some not a lot. Love the ideas!