Friday, February 24, 2012

Simple life

I've decided that my life is rather "simple".  I put "simple" in quotations not because I mean that I have it easy, or I don't have trials, but it means to me that I am pretty content with how life is right now.  It feels great!  We just have a system that works for our family, and I am so greatful that we are able to do what we do and always have one of us with the kids at all times.  It truly is a blessing.  I would love to stay home with the kids, but then I would be confined to my house with no money to play with :)   And to be honest its nice to get away for a few hours a week! 
Do I struggle?  Are there days I wanna scream?  Are there moments when all I want to do is cry?  Of course there are!  But......they are few and far between.  I have the best sweet little family to make me remember how precious life is, and how not to take it for granted!  Too many situations and too many people around me that are struggling and fighting to keep it together.  I love my life.  Does the world make me second guess my tiny house?  My gross carpet?  My old furniture?  My lack of exciting wardrobe?  Almost always.  Do I fight the urge to go into debt to make it all new?  Um......sometimes :)  
I know that life is more than that.  I know that I have a bigger purpose on this earth than to have to best of all the materialistic "things" around me.  I am so grateful for the spirit to guide me, and help me see the good in life.  I am reminded daily of the struggles that could tear me down and make me want to curl in a ball on the floor.  I know that I was given three beautiful children to help remind me to be happy always and learn from the trials that have come my way.  Its hard to find time to be sad when crazy kids are running around being cute!   And let me tell you......I love that!
So in my ramblings I guess I was just refocusing my mind today to remember the good and "simple" blessings in my life.   And I hope you all can pick out those moments in your life and smile because of them :) 



Just some random babies pictures I couldn't help but post.
Remember to be happy.  Its not hard it you let yourself.

4 comments:

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

Well said Val! I love your "simple" life, because thats exactly what mine is too. And sometimes i think we look a little harder for the things that we love because of it. You are such an amazing person!

Malissa said...

You have such great perspective Val! I have a tendency to get caught up in all the things I'd love to change about my house, etc too (Pinterest does NOT help! haha) but it's always good to take a step back and appreciate things just the way they are. And you're right... you do have a sweet, beautiful family! Hope I get to see your pretty face again sometime soon.

Cindy Barnes said...

Thanks for the great reminder!!! Love you my sista! It is sometimes REALLY hard to find the good but if we keep our focus to what really matters the Lord shows us that there is SO much good around!

The Crazy Heads said...

need to read this everyday!!!! i am going through some really rough patches with a screaming 3 year old and a VERY naughty 4 year old trying my patients every minute of the day. val, i am happy for you. you totally deserve every bit of it.