Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's

I'm not usually one to play jokes on others for personal amusement, but I just couldn't seem to pass this one up! I bought a pregnancy test last night, of course tested it out (just to be sure) and then drew another line to make the + sign.   I wrote a note saying I just couldn't tell him in person but that I was indeed pregnant, and placed it next to his wallet with the test by it.  Remember he works at 4 am, so he sweetly comes in and puts his arms around me and says softly that he loves me.  I said I loved him too (sort of forgetting my little plan) he then leaves and heads for the door to the garage.  I placed a sign that said APRIL FOOLS!!!!!  He then comes in again, leans in to hug me again and says "not cool" and I bursted up laughing!  I laughed to myself for a little while as I slowly went back to sleep. 
When he got home from work today, he said his life flashed before him thinking that we had to do it all over again, but that he was fine with it.  What a guy!  He upholds his trophy for being the sweetest man in the world to me.  Love him. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny Val!! That would not have gone that well at my household! LOL What a good man you got!

Cindy Barnes said...

That is the BEST!!! I love it!