Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thacker Reunion

A week or two ago we had the Thacker Reunion down at Grandma and Grandpa Thacker's house.  The kids were super excited to get to play with cousins and spend 3 nights at grandmas house.  It always fun to get to visit with everyone and see how much all the kids have grown.  There were lots of babies around which always makes for a cute sight :) 
The guys (and Sasha) shot their guns A LOT!  And it was rather loud......so earplugs were very much necessary.  They also shot their bows.  Justin doesn't get to do those things unless he is with his family, so I'm glad he got some of that in.  Nothing better than just playing around on the lawn and not having much to worry about except when to eat.  The first 2 days were great, Landon slept ok....not fantastic but he did pretty good.  Justin, Landon and I slept in grandpas trailer and the other two slept inside. 
On the 3rd day....the awful awful 3rd day (for me and Gav at least) we caught the flu that had been sort of going around in the family that week.  Its not fun to be sick, but even worse when you are not at your own house!!  It was horrible.  Everyone left that afternoon to go to the lake, so it was nice to have the house quiet.  Justin's mom and I were both icky so we stayed behind and just watched movies all afternoon.  By the evening when everyone came home I was starting to get my strength back and the nausea had started to fade.  Gavin ended up getting sick as soon as they got back!  Right then I said we are going home tonight.  After dinner we packed up and hoped that the ride home wouldn't be too terrible.  Gavin did great til the Boise Stage Stop, which was pretty darn good considering how yucky this flu really was! 
Everyone but Gav and I were ready to go home, but they sacrificed another day of fun to let us come home and get better.  The kids had a blast, and it was really a good visit with everyone. 
And, like always, I only got a few pictures of the adventures that were had.  But its better than none at all!  :)










No comments: