We lived in Twin, both attending CSI. We picked the worst apartments in the world to live in might I add. I hated it from the beginning, and my mind was made up at that point so it was never going to grow on me. We pretty much went to school, worked, and spent every waking hour together. Friends became distant, we stopped really hanging out with the world and focused on each other. We struggled our first year like most couples do, money and the lack thereof, caused a little strain and our first big fight! Needless to say we made up. Justin has always been one to make me face him and work it out, when all I want to do is leave the room or the house to fester in my anger. Did I mention how awesome he is?
In our first year we had our first break-in by the cops, pointing guns at us and everything (I said the apartment was awful). I quit school because I knew I didn't want to be a dental assistant. We became pregnant with Mackenzie and Justin wiped many many tears due to the realization of the matter. We made plans to move to Boise as soon as I was able to transfer to Costco there. That didn't happen the first year, so I survived an entire year in that dumb apartment but was still very much in love with my man.
Looking back I am ever so grateful for the life we live now, and how far we have come in this journey together thus far. He has given me 3 of the most beautiful children in the world. They have blessed our lives beyond measure. We have both grown more spiritual and have turned to our Heavenly Father in every crisis, every challenge, and every blessing that has come our way. I believe that the strength we share is because we are always focused on one another. We are always wanting to please one another. We are never worried about the world around us, but more devoted to making ourselves worthy of each others love. He is more than my knight in shining armour, he is the man of my dreams. He still gives me the tingles, butterflies and giggles. He still rubs my back whenever I ask. He still holds my hand in public. He still holds the priesthood and continually shows us the power it holds in our home. He still kisses me ALL THE TIME. And most importantly he loves me for who I am.
Happy 12 years of love, my love.

4 comments:
12 years?!? Crazy :)
awwww i love this post! congrats to2 wonderful people! miss you!
Love your post! Happy Anniversary!
"We are never worried about the world around us." You so need to teach me that one!! :)
Neat to hear about your first appt, first argument, etc. What was Justin studying?? I need to tell you about Jayson's & my first argument sometime. It made me love him more afterwards too. :)
Love you guys!!
Gabrielle
Sorry we couldn't be your neighbors in Twin longer....we would have had tons of fun and maybe your stay there wouldn't have been so bad....apparently I think pretty highly of Layne and I, huh? Miss you guys. Layne misses Justin...he's just horrible at keeping in touch with people. He doesn't even text me back when I text him! I finally gave up.
Post a Comment