
Okay, so the story behind this beautiful drawing. On Saturday I was beyond sick, I was miserable. It was finally bedtime, and I was so excited to be able to lay in my bed by myself and not be mommy anymore. So, I had to do the regular routine, brush teeth, books, pray, goodnight! Well, I am not exaggerating when I express my agony. My head and nose was so plugged I could barely function, not to mention my throat.....oh my throat was so sore, and the idea of having to read a stinking book was enough to bring me to tears....literally. So like a good mom, I turned the 1st page and proceeded to read. Well I got about a sentence in, and I lost it. I started to sob uncontrollably. The mixture of being so sad that I had to be reading instead of resting, and the fact the Justin was gone for another night.....well I was done. So after I gained my composure, I still proceeded to finish the darn book. Mackenzie was ever so worried about me, and kept saying "mom, you're going to make me cry" Well, I made it through the book, prayers and good nights. I put Gavin down, and crashed on my bed with my blanket. About 2 minutes later Mackenzie walks in with this picture and say "Mom, you better show this to dad, so he knows how much you missed him" Well, that melted my heart, and I had to share it.
6 comments:
That is the sweetest thing ever/the saddest. There is nothing quite like feeling you've reached the end of your rope when there is still rope left to climb! I am impressed that you still did the whole routine. I hope Justin felt a healthy amoung of guilt when he saw that picture! What a sweet little girl.
Sorry to hear that you were so sick! Hopefully you are feeling much better. Kenzie is so sweet, what a great little girl you've got!
Aww that is so precious! I'm impressed that you got through the story too. Now that deserves some kind of Mommy award! Hope you're feeling better!
O.k that made me cry to read this! Thanks!! Kenzie is the sweetest! I really can't believe that you still went ahead with the bedtime routine! You are a great mom! I hope you get all better so we can party in Seattle!! Take your vitamins and drink lots of water!!
Love ya Val!
What a cute story and a sweet little girl. Way to go for finishing the routine - I know I couldn't do that! I hope you're feeling better!
How sweet of Kenzie. I feel so bad for you being sick is miserable as it is but having to take care of others is so much harder. I am sorry
Post a Comment