Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sealants

So we took Mackenzie in to get sealants put on her molars yesterday. I knew she would have kind of a hard time, just because she doesn't like things that are uncomfortable. She did great, and it didn't take all that long. I did hear quite a few moans and groans from her, but overall she was fine. She has been to the dentist before for cleanings, so this was a little different aspect for her to have to deal with. Being there, watching the dental assistant, made me remember why I hated every minute of going to school for that. Sometimes I feel guilty for not finishing the dental assistanting program, but after yesterday, I was just reaffirmed myself that I made the right choice. I could never sit and work on children like that, and the dental office just gives me the creeps. Why did I ever think I could work in one? I was looking at the 1 1/2 yr degree, and not the actual job I would be doing.....not the smartest person am I? But I guess that was 7 yrs ago, I'm over it.

5 comments:

Amber said...

wow--what a trooper!! it will be a sad day when quinn goes to the dentist for the first time!! (maybe I'll remember to bring my camera!!)

casa chandler said...

i never liked the dentist when i was little. it looks like she did a great job.
hopefully, my kids will have it a little easier since my brother is their dentist. actually he works over in Kuna at Kuna Dentistry.

Cindy Barnes said...

Here is another picture to add to Kenzie many different faces! I love it! But you will be glad that you had the sealants put on! What a great thing! Less cavities!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I knew that about you! When we were living in Utah, there were alot of people who had on the job training to be an assistant to the dentist. I went in to the office for an interview/observing day...a guy with HORRIBLE teeth came in for a root canal and I nearly passed out! Watching the picks and tools go deeper into his tooth just made me woozy!
Good job Kenzie for being so brave!!

Tori said...

When we first moved here I got a job at a dental office and I applied for the front desk position. When I got there on my first day, they said they wanted to train me as an assistant instead. ??? I had also always been scared to death of the dentist, but I decided to give it a try. On my very first day, I had to floss the nastiest teenage boy braces teeth you have EVER seen and had to assist the dentist while he pulled out a nasty old lady's entire top arch of teeth and then had to cut the thread as he stitched them up. And NO I am not joking. I literally almost passed out! The funny part is that I have married a future dentist... go figure. :)