Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I need to VENT
Argh! That is how I feel about my neighbors. They have lived there for over a year now, and every so often (at least once a week) I have this rage towards them. Not just a little rage, a I want to go and yell at the top of my lungs rage. They are 4 bachelors who are renting. Enough said.........! Well I have had my "talks" with them over the fence after 11:30 pm when the noise has just been too much, and I have tried to just be casual like Justin, but I just can't!!!!!!!!!
They are just so darn noisy. There is one that loves to play the drums, and play his loud thump, thump music at the same time. And it ALWAYS happens to be in the evening. ALWAYS!!! I mean for some reason it doesn't seem to bother Justin, nor the kids (no idea how it doesn't wake them up). And its not past 10:00 pm, so there is really nothing I can do about it. When it is after that, I do go outside and tell them to be quiet, and they do. But I am tired these days, and I am ready to relax and calm down after I put the kids to bed, which is now around 8:00. And I cannot do that with that noise, it makes me want to scream it makes me so ANGRY!!!! All I want is to lay in my cozy bed with my blanket and watch some good ole tv. Ugh!
So much for "love thy neighbor" in my case, nope.....can't do it. Well, I had to vent somehow, and I'm sorry for waisting your time with this post, but I am just so freakin angry and had to get it out some how!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Perfect. Get it out on the computer and no harm done. Unless they happen to stumble across your blog, in which case, it may help them realize what crappy neighbors they are, so we're still in a win-win.
Sorry though, that is annoying. Trust me- I lived in Provo apts... I understand your pain all too well. Except at least I knew my situation was temporary. And since they are renters, yours is too. Hopefully they leave sooner than later.
oh no...sorry about your noisy neighbors. I can relate! We have a house in our cul-de-sac with young male renters as well. our street will fill up with 50 cars and there are ALWAYS tons of beer cups laying around the next day. but---I can sleep through the party, which it sounds like you can't!! so sorry--hope it gets better!
Oh man, no fun! We live in a town home and our old neighbors were a bunch of college boys that would always play video games all night long. They had some crazy sound system so the sound effects would always vibrate our house. So annoying! It seemed they were always really into it the nights before Ry's exams, too. He even went over there once at 4 in the morning! You should just have your kids be REALLY loud early on Saturday mornings! JK, that obviously won't solve the problem at all. Good luck, hopefully they move soon!
Nothing like bad neighbors to give you a pit in your stomach! Have you tried complaining to the landlord? Who knows, it might have some effect? Good luck, Val!
What a bunch of punks, thinking they're cool and all. Sheesh! I totally understand what youre going through. Whenever you need me to, just give me a call and Id be happy to go over there and beat them for you. A while back Jared was on the couch studying (like 2 a.m) and all of a sudden he heard a loud radio blasting, and realized it was the neighboors, it played for like 10 min, he could hear every word, but then it just stopped. Then there was a time when Jar and I were living in an apt complex by BSU and 2 guys got into a huge fist fight/swearing/drunkin fools fight/glass shattering/blood splattering fight. That was not annoying it was sheer frightening. Jar and I huddled in the middle of our bed praying that they wouldnt come near our door. Cops came, so we were okay.
When Jar was in H.S. he was in a band and they'd play in their basement, the whole loot would rock out, but they also live way out in Meridian, in the middle of 5 acres so their neighboors werent disturbed, just family living there.
I hate thump, thump, thumping of the drums, and really low base, I mean who do your neighboors think they are? Give me a call, we'll do a quick stop at Costco, buy some Toilet paper and get a special on eggs and vasoline, then we'll have fun at their house in the middle of the night.
I love when people vent, it makes me feel like Im not the only one who gets annoyed too. :) Venting is good, if we dont do it on occasion, we'd end up in jail like my brother in law. :)
I am really sorry you are having issues with your neighbors again! I thought yhings were better because I hadn't heard any complaints from you. I am sorry to say that my son is one of those drummers who plays at night. But the rule is that it can't be past 9:30 on school nights. He puts headphones on and plays that way. Maybe you could be nice and buy the guy some of his own headphones? Then you wouldn't hear the music...just the drums! We kindof use the drums as getting back at our neighbors for the obnoxious dog barking!
Oh VNelllie! Have I got a solution for you? FLying! It is a mere 1.5 hour flight to Vegas. Or better yet, you could fly into Cedar City, which is actually cheaper, and only 35 minutes from ST. George.... think about it. Really.
Post a Comment