Sunday, August 10, 2008

Stanley Reunion

We went on a camping trip to Stanley this weekend for the Thacker Reunion. As much as I just love to camp, it was as good as could be expected. We were able to spend time with Justin's brothers and sisters, which is the whole reason anyhow. I don't know why I didn't seem to get one picture of the entire trip, but alas, no photos. I had my camera in the car, and just never got it out. I am mad at myself, but at least we have the memories of it in our minds......??? We didn't really prepare ourselves or the kids for the very very cold night, we all froze and slept on the queen mattress together to stay warm. (and it was oh so comfortable) But overall, the kids had so much fun, and that's all that really matters right? I'm not sure if I will ever be one to love camping, but at least Justin still loves me enough to take all my griping. I was able to read my book (breaking dawn) so I was entertained for the most part. On the way home, we saw 2 elk and 4 deer!!! We almost hit 3 of those deer, which wasn't fun. Its good to be home and have everything and everyone clean again!!!

5 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

Camping is one of those things that reminds how lucky we are to have a house and all the things we rely on.

hilla said...

Nothing like cramming in a queen bed w/2 kids... especially when you are pregnant!

Cindy Barnes said...

I know about the not being prepared for the colder weather. When we went to Yellowstone Park we froze!! Kelise and I finally slept in the car the last night and we slept great!! You are such a good sport! Just remember that it is about making good memories!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! The kids keep asking when we get to go camping. They love it. I hit a deer last summer...it was tramatic. Good thing I was driving John's big truck and not my car. John wasn't too thrilled about it though. All that happened to the truck was the front license plate fell off. Whoops.

Malissa said...

I'm impressed you camped with two kiddos and a preggo belly! Sounds like you have some good memories though! :-)
Oh, as for my blog - I actually didn't post it until 2am this morning... it's just been sitting in my draft box for a week so that's why it just showed up. Yup, I'm a slacker!