Tuesday, January 6, 2009

one month later...

We have survived a whole month now!! Hooray. In some ways it has gone by so quick its hard to believe its really been that long. I am feeling SO much better these days, so I think that makes it more of a reality that things are starting to become routine rather than chaos. Life with three isn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be. I do have the help of my wonderful husband for most of the day, so that really helps the situation. Landon is growing so much its making me sad! I know he was big to begin with, but I feel like his little body is already getting heavy! He is just the sweetest thing to have entered this house. It seems like everything is becoming "easier" now, and I say the word "easy" as a caution as to not jinx myself! A few things about him now: He isn't smiling quite yet, but he's close. He definitely knows our voices and will turn his head to look at you when we talk to him. His little cheeks are getting so much more chubbier, I LOVE it! He has the most pathetic cries, one when he is royally pissed off, and one where he just wants to be held. He hates to be cold, aka changing diapers.....cries every time! He looks so much different when he is awake than when he sleeps. Has to be close to me or justin to sleep (we are working on that cause its a big hassle) We are just loving him in every way possible!

10 comments:

Amber said...

you three are so cute!!!

Waters said...

pathetic cries? I love that. Jackson has the exact same ones. I know what you mean about how Landon is "getting heavy." Every time I look at Jackson I think wow bud, youre a big 2 month old. He'll be 2 months on the 14th. Im happy that youre in a routine with your three, I have (unfortunately) not gotten into the best routine with my two. Its a routine yes, but a choppy one at that.
Valerie YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. and Im HAPPY to read that you are healing well and feeling better too. Did you know that we (women) take a long time to heal after child birth (vagionally and c-sec) because we have such low estrogen. And if youre breast feeding youll have even lower estrogen so the healing process will take even longer. Interesting, I just learned that from my OB today.

Heather said...

Uhhh are you sure you just had a baby a month ago? HELLO! Smoking hot mom. And I think it is hilarious that Gavin is not wearing pants. And Landon is so beautiful. Hooray for routine!

Anonymous said...

No wonder your kids are all so adorable, look at their hot mommy! You look great. I'm glad that things are settling into a new normal.

Mandi said...

I think I say it every time you post a picture of yourself, but can you get any cuter?

casa chandler said...

it's good to hear you are feeling well. it seems like the healing part always takes a while. you are looking great...i'm jealous.
i'm also glad to hear that 3 isn't quite as bad as you expected. it's always better when you expect the worse and things turn out easier. good for you. he is such a little angel.

Cindy Barnes said...

I really hope you don't jinx yourself! I am glad you are feeling better and that Landon is a good baby. Your hair looks very good!! I miss you and that baby!

hilla said...

He is big, but he is so cute. I am so glad I got to see him in person. You look great. You have the cutest family.

Mandi said...

I am really jealous of your van!!! One of our cars is the same car we've had since we first got married. We always said that we would keep that till it died or we had 3 kids...whichever came first. Can't wait for that day! I want to see pictures.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.