Tuesday, March 3, 2009

time to pass it

So for those of you who have never had to experience the horrific pain of kidney stones, I am happy for you. It is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. The uncontrollable pain and discomfort, just reminds me that I wouldn't do well if I had to give birth naturally. Although from a few people I have heard that it is worse than giving labor. Last week I had the "pleasure" of that pain, that horrible horrible pain. It lasted about 4 hours, and then I felt a little sore, but pretty good. All week I felt just fine, no discomfort. I was trying to "catch" the stone with my trusty strainer, but nothing. Then Sunday night, there it was. That pain. That agony. I didn't fill my prescription the doc gave me at the ER the week before because I had felt fine. Well, that was stupid. I had the worst night and next day. Lots of curling in a ball, lots of vomiting, lots of tears. I hate pain. My wonderful husband was there to comfort me and take care of the kids. I found my prescription the next day, and sent Justin to Costco to get it filled right away. Aw.....the comfort of medication. The way it just sort of numbs the pain, and makes me feel happy. I just wish I could pass it fast, so I can have it analyzed to find the source of the problem. Having to use a strainer every time I go #1 isn't all that fun. Wish me luck in my journey to pass that horrible thing that causes such pain.

11 comments:

Heather said...

ouch! I would have to say giving birth is better - an epidural is a beautiful thing! Good luck girl- that really stinks and I hope for your sake you pass it soon.

hilla said...

Oh man! That sucks. Good luck, and may the medication gods keep your bounty full! :)

Cassie said...

Val I am so sorry that has got to be really painful. Thank heaven for medicine

Cassie said...

Val I am so sorry that has got to be really painful. Thank heaven for medicine

Waters said...

oh my goodness....yuck Valerie! Ive heard that kidney stones are worse than labor too. Thank you for being happy for me that Ive never had the stones myself....and hoping...every hoping that I will NEVER get them.
As for peeing in a strainer....just think thats better than having to dish out the stone with your hand when its in the bottom of the toilet bowl.
I hope you pass that sucker TODAY!

As for the labor....yah, ummmmm, thinking about a c-sec for my 3rd. Vagional delivery healing is a pain in the vagina!

Waters said...

oh and yes, you do have my word, and you can hound me as often as you wish about my posting after mine becomes the "p" word. :) Ive got some rad things up my sleeve and ideas for posting. Now if only I can figure out the problem with my pictures and how to chnage my background to an actual picture.

The Crazy Heads said...

You poor thing. I have personally never had one, but I grew up watching my mom in agony. All I can remember is crying and a clean house. When she is passing a kidney stone she cleans to pass the time. Good luck, I hope you catch that little stone of pain.

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear you still haven't passed it! As if recovering from a recent c-section isn't enough...I'm soo sorry! Get better soon!
Mel

Amber said...

oh man....I'm so sorry. pray that my natural childbirth is bearable this time :)

casa chandler said...

okay. NOT FUN! i had kidney stones two weeks before I had my second baby. so just appreciate that you don't have to try to hold that annoying strainer while trying to get around your giagantic prego belly! i hope it's over soon for you!

Mandi said...

Envy you on the free cruise- not on this!