Monday, April 20, 2009
Guilt....
So I have been feeling guilty lately. Not for "misbehaving" or "naughtiness", but for not being able to be around as much for my kids. I feel like I have something or somewhere to go every night of the week. I am missing out on the little things, which at first wasn't so bad (aka dinner, putting them to bed,homework) but now I feel out of the loop with it all. I am the mom, I should have more control over these things. Alas work and church callings has put me into a little bit of an overload with afternoons and evenings. For the past month I have had one night during the week to actually be at home with the family, with nothing else to do but be together all night! I think the guilt comes in more when my kids ask if I have to go to work today, and when I reply yes, they get very very sad. I guess for awhile there I didn't realize that I really was gone as much as I was. I was just reflecting on the past month, and the hectic mess I felt it has been. At least I have a fabulous husband who is the one who gets them while I am gone. Thank goodness for that, otherwise that would have opened a whole other can of worms!
Hopefully things will calm down, and I can spend a little more time at home and less away. I am working towards 2 nights during the week to actually be able to be all together as a family. At least I have a job in these crummy times, and the blessings will come in heaven for being gone every wed night for mutual! thanks for letting me vent that out!, it helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Val, I feel your pain. Thank goodness Kia is in school all day and the lady who watches Taylee is like a grandma to her. I hate that I have to be at work all day, and in the evening I always have something to do (laundry, dishes) I feel i really only see my girls like for 3 hours a day. It gets old, but we do have jobs and I cant complain still beign able to provide for them. They love us no matter what and that is whats important.
Don't feel so bad. They won't remember this time very much. Just try to make the time you do have with them a happy memory. You are a great mom Val!
Post a Comment