Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Random thoughts from Val

So I haven't been a great blogger this past year, and to be honest I.MISS.IT!  With dumb facebook that takes up a good chunk of my already limited time to "myself", I find it harder and harder to post and glance at other blogs that I used to check daily.  I think back to all the blogger friends I had and all the fantastic comments (not sure why comments seem so exciting to me, but they do) I would make and get in return,  and through the past year it has dwindled down to only a few here and there.  Its sad.  I look back at my blog and have the intention of making it into a book, someday.....and blogging is seriously so much more fun than facebook.  More personal.  Not sure if its because the pool of people on facebook is so large and the fact that there aren't as many bloggers out there as there used to be.  But I yearn for that connection on my blog again.  Is that dumb?!  Yes, I do believe it is :)  But there it is.  My random thoughts.  I vow to be a better blogging friend.  Spend less time on facebook.  More time on this fabulous world of the blogging. So to those of you who still look at my blog, thank you.  And for those of you who have missed my fabulous comments on your adorable blogs, I vow to take the time to actually comment and not just glance real quick. And yes I am a nerd.  I big one in fact.  But you are reading this which means you love me and remember why you are friends with me. 
the end.

13 comments:

Cindy Barnes said...

I love you Val and miss your comments on my blog...because you are the only one who does leave comments:)

Mandi said...

I do love you Val! I miss you too! I am sure I am going to be in Boise this summer for a while and we will have to get together- seriously!!! I will be in touch.

love you

The Crazy Heads said...

I don't know what it is about comments, but they just make your day, huh? I know when I have a post and 0 comments I start to question myself, "maybe that wasn't worth blogging about?" But then I have to remember that I am mostly doing this for me, to keep a documentation on our family and that's what really matters. Welcome back Val!!!!!

Amber said...

i do love you too :) silly facebook....

Melanie said...

I agree Val, facebook is a huge waste of time. I'm trying to cut back myself. Blogging is the easiest way to keep a record of my family and share photos of the kiddos with the grandmas. Can't wait for you to join us again in blogland.
Mel

Malissa said...

I totally agree Val! I've caught myself even making "notes" on FB lately rather than putting posts on my blog. I finally got a blog book done for last year and I had SO much catching up to do because I was so behind on blogging. And then I got it in the mail and fell in love with blogging again. It's so worth it! (And yet I'm behind yet again on this year!)
Hmmm Maybe I'll stop posting so much on FB so people have to check my blog to know what we are up to. :-) I need to be a better comment blogger too... I used to do it much more before facebook.

Malissa said...

P.S. Maybe we should start a no-facebook, only blogging week. I wonder if I could do it?? :-)

Unknown said...

Totally agree you cute cousin! I love your blog and the fun connections that it gives! I look at yours all the time! Love you!

Unknown said...

OK, so "blake" is really Jackie:) didn't know I was in Blake's account. OOPS!

Waters said...

Isnt this ever so true. You know I love you, I named my daughter after you. :)
I too, spend stupid time on facebook looking at nothing, who cares about what dinner that person is eating, "Yum" who cares. I have been wanting to update my blog for weeks, but I just dont know how, mostly because I want to build a tribute to my dad but dont know how. Tiffany did a beautiful job and feel if I did something it wouldnt be nearly as beautiful as hers. Here's what Ill do, I am preparing a talk for this Sunday (and I say thats a pretty good excuse for not updating today) SO I will goal myself to do it NEXT week.
I agree with Malissa, we should do a no facebook week and only BLOG week. I like that a lot.

Sorry for my dwindled comments, Im lame, but yes I agree with you and Tiff, comments are the best. Now, Im off to comment on Tiffany's.
love you Val.
hill

valerie said...

Oh my goodness, this made my day :) Seriously love my blogging friends, and yes comments really just make you feel "cool" huh? ok so you all totally know what I mean when I say that right?
I used to get comments all the time, and used to LEAVE comments all the time. Here's to less facebook and MORE blog. Thank you all for reafirming to me I am making a good decision on returning!

casa chandler said...

Val, you took the words right out of my mouth! Seriously. Every thing you said. I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone in those thoughts. Facebook is fun but I feel like we really get to know someone so much better on their blogs. I'll try to be better too!

heather said...

I hear ya! What happened to all the bloggers? Are they seriously all that addicted to FB? BOO. I really don't like FB all that much, but feel obligated to keep my account because so many friends and family use it. I have so many stinking personal blogs that sometimes my head wants to blog-I am thinking I will soon make the transition to one catch all blog- and not let my type A - anal personality get in the way anymore! :0) I have been awful at leaving comments -for everyone, not just you, but I too vow to be better :0) Cause it's true- comments rule. Maybe it's because we're so busy with life that sometimes we don't get the time we want or need with friends, but a comment reminds you that the friends are there and thinking of you even though you may not see them as much as ya like! I guess it all comes down to we all like knowing we're loved, thought of, and in the boat of life together! :0)
Oh, and in case you haven't stayed caught up with my many URL name changes, here is the break down:
family blog is: jhlarsonfamily.blogspot.com
craft/hobby blog: mommyc-mommydo.blogspot.com
365 blog: everydayus.blogspot.com

**Hoping to condense these into ONE blog soon!**