This year Justin and I sort of told the kiddos that there was no Easter Bunny. When we told them, it wasn't as if there hearts were crushed, they really didn't seem too affected by the news. Mackenzie simply asked "can we still pretend that he is real?" I said of course! Some of you might think we are horrible parents for simply "spilling the beans" so early, but it was really refreshing. I really really don't like the whole Easter bunny fantasy. It has NOTHING to do with Easter. Now as a parent I understand why we celebrated all the "non church" festivities on Saturday. I personally hated that as a kid, but now I love separating the two days. We still get to have the baskets and search for eggs, go to egg hunts and whatnot, but then on Sunday we get to celebrate the real meaning, and feel the spirit so much stronger. I love it, and the kids honestly weren't even phased at the two different days :)
1 comment:
we always do 2 days of easter too. :)
i need some of those cookies...
Post a Comment