Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Stacey!

Its Stacey's birthday today!!!! We always celebrate the girls' birthdays' in our family (aka mom, sisters, and sister in laws) by going out to lunch! Its always so fun to be able to get away and spend an hour or so with each other with no children and no hubbies! The only flaw was that Cindy wasn't there with us.
I always say that Stacey and I were really supposed to be twins because we are so much alike. Its really rather creepy sometimes, we have the same thoughts and the same instincts. She and I were never close when we were growing up, five years was more of a big deal when you are younger, but I always wanted to be like her. She and I have since become quite inseparable, and a day that goes by that we don't talk to each other is a strange one. I am so grateful that we are so close and so much alike, and especially that our husbands get along so well together. I love my sister, and I love that we have the bond that we do. Happy Birthday Sis!

4 comments:

hilla said...

Oh so sweet. That is totally me and Shanay... try having her on a mission for 18 months. weird.
Is that Tamara? I haven't seen her in like 15 years or so. She is gorgeous. Duh, she has Nelson genes.

Waters said...

oh I just love Stacey, I loved working with her at TCBY, so much fun. But did she really know what went on when she wasnt there? hmmmm. Happy birthday to her too!!!
okay that fudge sundae infront of that pretty gal with blonde hair look ravishing. I could just eat my computer screen because it looks so good.
and also another thing, I agree with you, I love my sisters. My sister, Bonnie, lives in Portland and like Cindy, obviously doesnt come to all the "gals night outs" its so sad to create memories when there's a "sister void."

Cindy Barnes said...

Believe me! I would have much rather been to our "girls' lunch" than at girls camp. It is hard for me to see you all together but I always find a space in the picture and imagine my face there!

Mandi said...

Val- that is such a cute picture of you two! You are such a babe!