Saturday, July 19, 2008

Swim Lessons

So I finally got Mackenzie into swim lessons this summer. This was her first week, and she has loved it! I really like her teacher and the atmosphere. Its a sweet family here in Kuna, so its nice and close. I never had swimming lessons as a child, and always wished I would have. To this day I still have to plug my nose with my fingers, maybe someone should teach me to blow bubbles out my nose someday!

5 comments:

Waters said...

YEA! Swimming lessons, thats the best thing you can do for your children. Speaking of which, I need to get Valerie into lessons next year.
I took lessons at BSU, do you remember Sara Dorman? We took it together. We had a teacher one year that was REALLY HUGE and she said that floating was very easy, all you have to do is go in the middle of the pool and lift up your legs and arms and youll float, but we still swear to this day that her fat kept her afloat, because we actually had to paddle our feet and pump our arms every now and then, to keep us from sinking. She also told us that if we didnt float she would release the sharks and whales that were caged at the bottom of the pool (where the vents are) and they'd eat us. Yes, that year was very traumatizing.
And do you want to hear something really silly? To THIS day, I get freaked out around vents, when in swim team I would swim freakishly fast whenever I had to swim over a vent, even if I was 14 feet above it. :)

Waters said...

oh yes, to breathe out of your nose, the first time just pretend youre blowing your nose in the water. Hold your breath, stick your head under water and blow all those bugers out. Im a woose and have to wear goggles, mostly because Ive trained myself to be a woose like that, I always get nervous because Im afraid my contacts will come out. Thats why when I raced Id never wear my contacts because just in a blue moon if my goggles fell off when I dove in (because I didnt tuck my head under well) then I could open my eyes under water.
So grab yourself a pair of goggles and blow your nose. :)

hilla said...

I like that Hillary just wrote out instructions for you...
Good thing to break Kenzie in now. I need to get going on that too!
Oh and next time we're in Boise we should hit the pool and my 2 year old can show you how to blow bubbles out your nose in the water! :) You know I love you.

Amber said...

i wish i had taken lessons as a kid too!! i'm also a finger nose-plugger!

Anonymous said...

It looks like she having a great time! You should sign Gavin up for a Mommy and me class and just pick up the stuff she teaches him...although Hillary seems to have given you a good lesson!