
So this is my project finally finished! It took a little longer than it should have, do to procrastinating half way through, but hooray its done! Thanks for Stacey and her moral support one night to get me going. And to Justin who put the glossy stuff on top for me. I am proud to say that I accomplished something bigger than I ever thought I could do!

I am one of the biggest cheap-o's out there and was so sick of our kitchen table. It was so so scratched and just needed to be chucked out. BUT, I decided to sand it down (which was insanely hard and not fun) and paint the legs white instead of there original green color. I am happy with the results, 100% better than it was before. Not at all a new table, but until my children are older and won't ruin it I'm going to have to keep my cheapo one for now!
14 comments:
it looks so great!!! good job!!!
Valerie, its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you, and YES I totally know what you mean about being a cheapo woman, Im the same way. But isnt it fun the things we think of to make our old stuff "new" or rather, clean and looking good?
I'd give you such a big hug right now, sanding is a pain and you did so awesome. Seriously, I was thinking the other day I need to do the SAME thing to my table. We got it from my parents when we were married, I used the table when I was a little girl. And with Valerie, its been through a little war and back. Ill call you when I want to battle it, for now, its sitting where its sitting. I aint gonna touch it now!
It looks great Val! I agree with you on the sanding. I sanded two old dressers and a changing table that were all given to us before Taylee was born, it sucked! After some new knobs and some paint they looked like new. It is always nice to accomplish something you were not quite sure you could do.
It looks awesome! Good job!
Ooooh me likey! Well done. You're going to become a little craft queen before too long. Love it.
Looks awesome!!!! I especially love Gavin on the table with his cute little bare feet. By the way, when Ryan and I got married we used some wedding present money and bought a really nice table.....yeah, it's pretty much ruined by the kids already and I wish I would have waited to spend that much money on a table until the kids were older. Oh well, live and learn.
It's not being cheap Val... just resourceful! :-) You did a fan-tabulous job and the table looks like new! Love the white legs!
Good for you, Val....it looks brand new. You did a nice job on it.....plus things are always harder when you're pregnant and have little kids around. I'm impressed. P.S. I met Justin's sister, Lisa at Swenson's this weekend. We got to be there for a baby blessing and a TON of snow!
Val, I am totally in shock! I am so proud of you for doing a project like this! It looks great!! Dave actually did this to our table about 6 years ago. I am so ready for a new table! I don't think I can get away with refinishing again! Anyway.. I am so proud of you!! Good job Val!
It looks great! I could never attepmt anything like that, I'd probably make John do it!
I am super impressed!!!
hey--do you have certain colors you are doing for the new baby?? any color preferences? are you having a shower? can i come? :)
Wow, Val! Two young kids at home, one in the oven, a part time job, and a needy husband (just joking, Justin! ;)--and you still managed to complete this huge project! Our table is in dire need of a facelift but I probably won't get to it until my kidlets hit kindergarten!
Great Job!
Post a Comment