Tuesday, March 18, 2008

help corner....

Okay, so this is so lame to be putting this on my blog, but I knew I could get a few more tips if I did. I need to know how everyone keeps their whites looking nice and BRIGHT. If there is even such a thing as that. I have tried bleach, both the sensitive kind and the regular. I had a friend tell me about using hydrogen peroxide, and I liked it for awhile, and then I started noticed yellow bloches on my clothes...yuck! So, I need help. Is there such a thing as "keeping my whites as bright as the day I bought them?" or what? help me before I go mad!

4 comments:

hilla said...

if you are talking about g's, I heard you are actually not supposed to use bleach because they are dyed white, and bleaching them takes the white out. I really like the Oxyclean booster. And if you are in serious need of whitening you can buy RIT dye in white, but it is quite a process, although the white dye is easier than the other colors.

ps- I ran into hubby at costco last weekend. I will be in town next week end for easter and the following week. we should get together. and you should really come down to visit me in the george. justin already said he is on board.

valerie said...

not just my g's, but our white shirts....ugh, I will try the oxyclean I haven't tried that one yet. I don't think I am up for re-whitening my clothes, but good to know in an emergency.
good, I am glad you are coming back to boise, I thought I wasn't going to get to see you and your babies! I am excited to see baby kendall in person, and see how big amaya is!

Cindy Barnes said...

I use Oxyclean too. It seems to work. Soaking your clothes in the Oxyclean before you wash them works better. Then put more Oxyclean in along with your detergent. Hopefully it will do the trick!

Tillotson Family said...

I rarely use the dryer. It seems to dull white shirts. Sometimes I have to iron more, but with 3 boys it is worth it for shirts to still look white the 3rd time around! On the flip side, I tend to run out of places to hang stuff and have to get creative.