Monday, December 8, 2008

Landon Steven Thacker

Our little man is here! He weighs 9 pounds 4 ounces, and was 21 3/4 inches!!! Yes, we have a chunker on our hands. I knew he felt big, but wasn't quite prepared for that big. He still looks tiny to me, and I swear all his weight is in his head and cheeks!
Stealin a sweet moment after delivery
Daddy in his cute surgery getup
Everything went just fine on Thursday. I didn't get any sleep the night before, so I was happy that we had such an early delivery. It was nice and peaceful at the hospital for the morning and mid afternoon, we really were able to bond so much with just the 3 of us. I don't remember a more relaxed and sweet time with my other 2. It all went so fast, it was just amazing that the time had come for him to come.
We are doing great and just trying to get rest and heal as fast as possible. I'm feeling pretty good, but I forget how sore my entire body feels after the c-section. I'm just happy to have our healthy boy here, and have his sweet spirit in our home. More to come later.......

16 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby boy! He is big! I feel your pain about c-sections. Try not to over do it and don't feel bad about taking your pain meds as long as you need them.
Take care,
Mel

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie, I'm glad things went well. Congrats!

Amber said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is ADORABLE!! I'm glad everything went well! I also hope you recover quickly!

Heather said...

cute. cute. cute. makes me want another one right away! glad all went well- wow, what a big boy! hope you're on your feet in no time.

Malissa said...

Wow, that is big! How ever did you stay so tiny?? So glad things went well... your new baby boy is just perfect! Can't wait to meet him.

Jeric and Mickale said...

He is so cute, I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to come up to the hospital to see you this time. Hopefully I will be able to see you soon, let me know if you need ANYTHING! :-)

Melt Momma's Heart said...

Valerie, He is beautiful! And you are the prettiest woman I've ever seen having a c-section! You shoulda seen me! Congrats, Lady!

Clements Est. 2002 said...

He is so sweet! I am so glad you are doing well. Take it easy, if you can! I will have to come see all your beautiful kids in January sometime. I am so happy for you, makes me want to have another one, only for a few seconds though :) Congrats, and welcome baby Landon!

Allison McDonald said...

holy crap val... glad you had a c-section??

He's sure handsome. Let me know if you need anything.

Stacie and Jared said...

He is a cutie!!! Glad everything went well. Congrats! Can't wait till my little one is here!

Cassie said...

congrats cousin!!!! Wow huge baby but your belly was quite big. So exciting that he is here I am way jealous!!!!! How is Gavin doing with him? Love you and hope you are doing well

hilla said...

What a doll baby! I can't wait to see him in person.

The Crazy Heads said...

So cute!!! I am so happy for you guys. I am feeling left out right now, we didn't get to pass each other in the hallways of the hospital. I am still hanging in there but probably won't go until next week, arggggg!

Cindy Barnes said...

I am so glad everything went well! He is so cute and I can't wait until I can kiss those chubby cheeks! I love you Val!

Waters said...

oh my goodness, I know what you mean about your WHOLE body sore after your c-sec. I couldnt believe how aweful it felt just to laugh, I mean seriously, laughing is a part of my everyday life! Then there was that time when I was trying to hury to the bathroom before I was to feed Val and I rammed myself (right on the incesion) on the end of our sleigh bed post. aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Ive been wanting to post a "vagional vs. c-sec" on my blog, they both have their pros and cons. As for one of the pros with the section?.....your crotch doesnt freakin hurt like a mother!

Landon is soooooooooooooo handsome!

And girl, seriously, you have the BEST pregnant tummy! Your skin is made to make babies. With a sweet little 9 pounder, and just shy of 22 inches long boy, with NO stretch marks? Girl, Im a freak about taking my vitamins and minerals, but I think Ill stop and take whatever it is that YOURE taking.
YOU ARE BEATIFUL!

Mandi said...

YEA!!!! He is so beautiful Valerie! I am so excited for you that he is finally here- you look way too cute in your belly pictures. What a little lover boy! We like 'em big at our house too! Congratulations!!!